Our Submissions are now Closed.
Please check back soon for updates for Issue 19 in Fall 2022.
How to Submit:
Please email your submission(s) to email@example.com as separate Word (.doc or .docx) attachments. Please submit links to all artwork that you’d like us to consider if the file is too large to attach to the email.
In the subject line, include your full name and genre of submission.
In the body of the email, please include a short bio of 3-5 sentences.
We accept simultaneous submissions. If you are submitting your work simultaneously, please note this in the body of your email and inform us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
We do not publish previously published work.
For all questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 12-point Times New Roman or similar font
- Double spaced
- 1-inch margins
- Numbered pages
- Send as a .doc or .docx
- No identifying information on the document
- Genre to which you are submitting in subject line of email (submissions to multiple genres welcome)
Fiction & Creative Nonfiction
The fiction board invites stories that mine for elemental truths. Show us growth, development, and hardship. Be vulnerable; don’t be afraid to go somewhere you’re not sure you “should” go. Confront our expectations and subvert them. Tell us your stories, your secrets, the things that keep you up at night.
The creative nonfiction board invites submissions that break barriers, offering fresh points of view from marginalized voices daring to tell stories that have gone untold. Whether a creative personal essay or a book review, we want access to your internal dialogue, your meaning-making. And above all else, we value authenticity.
- 4,000-word limit
- Short stories, excerpts from longer works, or flash fiction
Plays & Screenplays
- 10-page limit
- Include short, one-line descriptions/bios of characters that would help the readers understand the piece (i.e., ages and/or relations to other characters)
- 800-word limit
We invite poetry that is candid, urgent, and unafraid of challenging poetic traditions by taking risks in form, diction, and the lyric. Take us somewhere unexpected and make us want to return. We particularly encourage people of color, women, and members of the LGBTQ2IA+ communities to submit.
- Up to 5 poems (10 pages maximum)
- Send as a .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff or .png
- Be prepared to send an uncompressed version if your work is accepted
- Include title (if applicable) and medium of work in email body
- If work is too large to be sent by email, please include a link where the work can be downloaded