How to Submit:
Please email your submission(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org as separate Word (.doc or .docx) attachments. Please submit links to all artwork that you’d like us to consider if the file is too large to attach to the email.
In the subject line, include your full name and genre of submission.
In the body of the email, please include a short bio of 3-5 sentences.
We accept simultaneous submissions. If you are submitting your work simultaneously, please note this in the body of your email and inform us if your piece is accepted elsewhere.
We do not publish previously published work.
For all questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Inaugural Writing Contest on Theme of Home:
- 1-3 poems not to exceed 5 pages.
- Prose not to exceed 3000 words. Please use Garamond font (or similar), double spaced, 12 point font. 1 inch margins.
- No identifying information (name, email, etc.) should appear anywhere on the manuscript.
- For prose, please include the word count on the top right hand corner of the first page (and number your pages).
- Please email all submissions firstname.lastname@example.org as WORD attachment. The subject line of your email should read: ITALICS MINE WRITING CONTEST. Please include a short bio in the body of your email (cover letter not necessary).
- All entries to the contest will be considered for publication in the upcoming issue.
- Entry must be previously unpublished. Simultaneous submissions are okay so long as you notify us should your piece be accepted for publication elsewhere.
- 12-point Times New Roman or similar font
- Double spaced
- 1-inch margins
- Numbered pages
- Send as a .doc or .docx
- No identifying information on the document
- Genre to which you are submitting in subject line of email (submissions to multiple genres welcome)
Fiction & Non-Fiction
- 4,000-word limit
- Short stories, excerpts from longer works, or flash fiction
Plays & Screenplays
- 10-page limit
- Include short, one-line descriptions/bios of characters that would help the readers understand the piece (i.e., ages and/or relations to other characters)
- 800-word limit
- Up to 5 poems (10 pages maximum)
- Send as a .jpg, .jpeg, .tiff or .png
- Be prepared to send an uncompressed version if your work is accepted
- Include title (if applicable) and medium of work in email body
- If work is too large to be sent by email, please include a link where the work can be downloaded